As technology advances, vinyl flooring gets closer and closer to natural wood and stone looks. Decorative patterns are gaining in popularity as well. Even better, all this beauty comes with no extra work. Vinyl floors involve less upkeep and maintenance and they’re easy to clean.
2021 Vinyl Trends
Vinyl flooring has many attractive benefits. It’s durable, warm, resilient, and stylish all at once. This is without a doubt one of the most popular flooring options and is a style that’s here to stay. Here are a few of the top vinyl flooring trends this year:
- Vinyl sheets: You can’t beat an affordable yet stylish flooring option. Vinyl sheets offer just that. You can also find some top-notch decorative patterns in this material for a more eclectic look.
- Wood-look: Wood-look vinyl planks get more and more realistic each year. With embossed textures and high-end visuals, this may be a great option for a classic look.
- Stone-look: Stone-look vinyl allows you to have the look of gorgeous natural stone, including marble and limestone, for a fraction of the price.
2021 Tile Trends
For many, tile is the obvious choice. It’s durable, easy to clean, and by far has the most style options compared to any other flooring. It provides a classic look while being practically indestructible. Since glazed tile is waterproof, it’s the only flooring material that can be used anywhere – bathrooms, kitchens, mudrooms, and more. Here are some of the top tile flooring trends of 2021:
- Marble-look: Like vinyl, tile allows you to have that marble look without the high price and maintenance.
- Encaustic-look: Ranging from geometrics to florals, to old-world and victorian, encaustic-look tile offers luxurious, highly detailed patterns.
- Decorative styles: From glamorous art deco tile patterns to colorful, intricate Moroccan designs, there is a wide variety of decorative styles to choose from.
- Designer shapes: In 2021, squares are out, and new, more creative shapes are in. Expect to see other shapes like fan tiles, hexagons, and more on the rise.
2021 Laminate Trends
Created to imitate solid hardwood, laminate is another popular wood-look option, especially for busy residential and commercial spaces. Laminate flooring offers an attractive, easy to maintain look while being highly durable – and all at a much lower price point than solid hardwood. Here are some of the top laminate flooring trends this year:
- Water-resistant and waterproof: With innovation of laminate materials, water resistant and even some waterproof options are now on the market. Combining functionality with lots of style, these new options are a great choice.
- Light wood-look: Light, airy colors of blonde and honey wood-look laminate have become a very trendy aesthetic this year. This style tends to make a space feel larger and more open, and we don’t anticipate it going anywhere!
- Wide plank: We’ve seen movement towards using wider planks recently. This style choice will make your floor seem less busy and will open up a room.
2021 Engineered Hardwood Trends
If you’re looking for the most realistic hardwood look without the price tag, engineered hardwood may be the perfect choice for you. It’s low maintenance, affordable, and has a real wood veneer surface layer, creating the most realistic look. The same trends are mirrored in this material: water-resistant & waterproof, light wood looks, in addition to handscraped and wirebrusshed looks.
Engineered wood is bound to increase in popularity over the coming years. Homeowners value authentic looks and quality materials, and engineered wood brings both to the table. You can expect to see this trend grow as manufacturers continue to develop new, innovative engineered wood materials.